[A6] SRAM problems

Kyle Jarger kjarger at omnisonics.com
Wed Apr 21 08:06:59 PDT 2004

Hi List and Yannis,

I have a similar problem too, with a new PreTec 2MB card (I don't have any other cards, so I have no idea if my A6 could use other cards successfully).  In my case it seemed to not save to the card even though I never unplugged it from the slot or turned the unit off.  I haven't really had a chance to play with it and figure out the behavior, but I did follow the steps in the manual and I am familiar with the use of PCMCIA and Smartmedia cards.  All I can say for now is that I did what I thought would initialize and place a memory bank on the card, and later when I accessed the card I was told it was not initialized.  Could it be that our OS's are out of date?  Mine is 1.40.02.  The card is seen by the A6 upon boot-up (it flashes on the display that the card is there, and is 2M in size).  Someone who was over visiting noticed that my A6 seemed to take a much longer time than his to boot-up and get going; maybe that has something to do with it.  Any assistance from the list would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Kyle Jarger