[A6] Keyboard aftertouch problem, help!!!

n2bsd at bellsouth.net n2bsd at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 10 14:29:06 PST 2005

I just got my Andromeda back from AudioDesign & Service (http://www.audiodesign-service.com/).  This is the official Alesis repair facility for the US.

I sent it in because the aftertouch would not pass front panel debug mode.  Their notes indicate "replaced aftertouch", but I am still having the same exact problem.

In Front Panel Debug mode, pressing a  key for aftertouch the reading goes from about 4089 to about 1900.

I don't receive a PASS for aftertouch in front panel debug mode.

1) Can anyone who has opened the Andromeda tell me if this could be a problem with the keys on the keyboard?  They seem rather "stiff" to me.

2) How exactly is the aftertouch triggered?

3) Where can I find schematics for the Andromeda?

4) Should I bother opening up the Andromeda to see if I can do anything about this myself?

Please CC me on any replies, as I'm not currently subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
Chris Lilly