[A6] Replace my A6?

Tim Kleinert slimtim at bluewin.ch
Mon Dec 13 16:42:35 PST 2004

Of
> Dr. Georg Müller
> Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:07 AM
> To: a6 at code404.com
> Subject: Re: [A6] Replace my A6?
>
> regarding the Sunsyn I tried every Musik Messe to like that synth, it
> is discrete, it has this seperate tunable filter poles, etc. but I
> allways found it sound "detuned" in a bad way and not able to sound
> organic for pads. And this even after a full autotune.

Yes. The Sunsyn only tunes oscs and filters. No pulse width tuning, to
VCA tuning. And the envelope times on voice 7 and 8 are always "out"
because they are close to the PSU, whose inevitable temperature changes
mess up their calibration. And the filter pole CVs drift too, which
makes the resonance very different from voice to voice -not very usable.

People who think the Andy is particularly flawed should lurk a bit in
the StudioElectronics and Jomox Yahoo groups :)