[A6] New to the list -hi everybody

Susan Baird susanbaird at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 5 00:48:03 PST 2004

Tim,

The following is in Section 22 of the current Tips & Tricks document.
Hopefully this information is still valid. Do you have the current Tips
and Tricks document? You'll want to get that. I'm sorry, could someone
give him those links?

Thanks,
Susan

Alternate Knobs
(From Mark Kopec):
I posted some information a while ago regarding some readily available
substitutes. Here are some more links with photos:

•  http://www.knobs.com.tw/tuning-1.htmhttp://info.digikey.com/T012/V4/509.pdfhttp://www.tycoelectronics.com/tnb/download/swch/knobs.pdf

(Note): Also, be sure to visit Radio Shack, as it is likely that
retailer would carry knobs with aluminum inlay.

(From earlier in the archives):

(Question From Kelly):
Experiment a little bit with this.  I tried an electrix knob in place
of an Andy one (being that its a metal shell) and it looked and fit
pretty good, a little too long though, fully seated would scrape the
surface of the Andy... but I’m going to consider rubber coated
replacements for mine should I ever lose any.  I’ll report any good
replacements if I find them.

When can we expect Alesis to have spare knobs available?

(Answer From Mark Kopec):
Try Radio Shack or an electronics component distributer, such as Newark
Electronics.

http://www.newark.com/

Newark publishes a large, free catalog, something they have done for
decades. I have a recent copy that two years old. It is 1,700 pages
long. I looked in the index and found the pages that reference ‘knobs.’
There is a good selection of plastic knobs with aluminum inlays.
Illustrations are included.

You might get lucky and find the exact replacement. If not, you will at
least find something that complements the instrument very well and will
work as a substitute.