[A6] Using Ableton Live with the A6

Ra groups at sanyama.com
Tue Dec 28 17:07:19 PST 2004

Some of you talked about controlling the A6 with Logic, and was wondering if
anyone in here is using the A6 with Live.

I tried messing around last night trying to control the filters with Live,
but couldn't get it to work.
I realize that Live cannot work with NRPN values, per se.
So, I guess there are 2 ways to go about it:

1. Find a convertor/mapper or a MIDI plug-in(?) to convert NRPNs to CC
values that you then automate in Live.
I used MidiOX to figure out the CC values, etc. but I need to explore the
conversion process. I deduced from a few posts on the Live boards that it
can do NRPN to CC mapping in realtime and then Live can somehow use this
input or output CCs to it and it will conver it. Am I right?

2. Use the A6 to do the mapping.
Someone mentioned using CC mapping to emulate controls, and I'm looking at
trying that now.
I guess the way to go about it is to figure out which parameter to control
(eg. If you want to control a Filter Frequency, map CC A to Frequency) and
then send the values from Live.

Can someone elaborate on the possibilities, with examples if possible?
That would be super. Thanks in advance.

-Rahul
http://www.sanyama.com - Music for the Mind