[A6] SRAM Card Problems

NeonLights spd2156 at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 22 16:47:39 PDT 2004

Ioannis Kazlaris wrote:

  1) - Hi list, . . . .
  . . . Unfortunately, my Pretec SRAM still has a problem. If I plug it it it
says it's not initialized.
I press Store, initialize the thing, then press soft button 3 to put both mixes
and programs.

Then I get a message "Good 2048 KB Card" and then the display switches to show
parameters of
Envelope 1(!), as if someone was tweaking the knobs.

I have no problem saving to the card.
However, if I switch the A6 off or unplug the card and leave it for 5-10
minutes, I have the same problem. :-(
I really think that the battery must be dead.

I removed it and placed a thin piece of paper on top of it, then
put it back on to make sure that the battery touches the surface inside but it
didn't make any difference.
So, I think i will buy another battery. . . . .

  Have a nice day

  Yannis.

Hi List :
Yeah!, finally got the Pretec cards but initializing them is another story
for me. I was reading the entire list archives to see if someone had
posted solutions to this problem, found the problem but Felix forgot
to reveal the solution or that simple step He was ignoring during
the whole process.
Thanks in advance for any hints about this.
Best : Max
Solution:
Karl West wrote:
Fire up the A6 put the card in and the A6 should detect the card. Then
press store, followed by card (soft button 6).Turn soft knob 1 all the
way round until "hit store to initiate card" shows. Press store to
initiate and you will be given options to how you want the card
structured. For saving just program banks on the card press soft button
1, for just mix banks soft button 2 and for mixes and programs soft
button 3. I used soft button 3 so I can have 6 program banks and 3 mix
banks. Then downloaded the five program banks (by Rob Papen, Klaus Peter
etc) from alesis's site
(http://www.alesis.com/downloads/software/A6/index.html) for card banks
1-5. This means you'll have an added 635 preset sounds and you can use
card bank 6 for your own patches. Plus you'll be able to save 3 banks of
your own mixes.

Karl West.