[A6] Mod 2 routing question. Please HELP!

Don P bluage1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 21:26:34 PDT 2003

David you just gave me the key. The thing I was looking for and it was
right there in front of me and I didn't see it.

My statement.

> I previously said that LFO 2 with "On Vox" turned on modulates
> PW-SQ-OSC2
> I now discover that LFO 3 with "On Vox" turned on modulates PW-SQ-OSC1

Your response!

 "It likely has to do with how the MODs are set up.  I just checked out
The Default Pgm" and, sure enough, the PWM MOD dest on OSC 1 has
LFO 3 going into it while the PWM MOD on OSC 2 uses LFO 2."

I didn't understand that "PW modulation" was using LFO as a source and
PW as the destination. I thought PW was a "source" and the "square wave"
was the destination, dah! In other words I thought PW was a type of
modulation like LFO is a type of modulation. I missed the point, now it
is pretty clear. There is PW on my Juno but you just turn the knob, it
is all hard wired and I never really took time to understand it. After
your sentence above I re-read the manual and it is pretty clear now.

I neglected to look at the screen that comes up when you press the PW
button showing the routes. I already had PW turned on so I looked at the
screen that comes up when turning the PW knob. That screen doesn't show
source and destination, it just shows the change in width, level and the
other waves. I also looked at the screen for MOD 2 & 3.

It is a bit confusing at times - there are so many variables to
consider. That is why I am returning to the Andromeda after a break and
trying to limit my studies to one Oscillator first; next introducing
filters; then other effects. Even though I have a lot of time with a
Roland Juno 106, this is so much more of a challenge.

Thanks for solving this mystery for me. I need to study a little more
about square waves and pulse width as well as other concepts.

Don