[A6] Hanging A6

Paulo Abreu peabreu at sapo.pt
Mon Aug 4 09:16:04 PDT 2003

Have you recently loaded any SystemExclusive sounds downloaded
from the net? If you did, you may have corrupted something.

You may have problems when you choose the mix where the
offending preset(s) is (are). Or else it can be more serious as
something similar happened to me a long time ago, and it
was "so serious" that I only succeeded passing the problem by
exactly remember the name of the file)...its the "other" OS
file...it was 2 years ago.

Anyway, after that I had no more problems but became very
cautious on loading downloaded SYSex sounds.

PS: if it is only a corrupted file than initializing the Synth
will fix that...well...you will loose all presets on the user
bank...hope you have backups on the computer or on a card.

Hope it helps,
Paulo

Citando Larry Pham <alienpsyche at rogers.com>:

} Hey guys. I have just ran into a serious problem. After
} reading an earlier
} message about holding down soft button 1 during boot
} up for the diagnostic
} test, I've never tried this so i did it. First off,
} all that did was loaded
} up a default mix in slot 00. Nothing cool about that.
} After I did that I
} went to work on the project I was on so i had to dial
} up the (multi) or mix
} (in my case it was mix 12) After selecting mix 12 my
} A6 hangs. Nothing
} responds so I had to restart. ( A first for me) This
} time, the A6 does not
} boot completely. It hangs on the initial boot up
} screen. I tried restarting
} again and again and it would keep hanging. I finally
} tried holding soft
} button 1 down again during boot up and it started up.
} Very strange. however,
} my A6 will hang when i am scanning through my mixes
} and once agin it won't
} start up unless I hold down soft button 1 while
} strating up. Does any one
} have a clue what's going on here?  This is very
} frustarting as it was
} working fine before. Please help!
}
} Larry