[A6] SE Omega Code 8 emulation :)

CoolColJ coolcolj at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 22 18:26:43 PDT 2011

Emulating my recently departed Studio Electronics Omega Code 8 on the
Andromeda

Well at least my memory of it and my demo here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uXq9jProtw

Added a Jupiter 8 latched arp line for interest

I turned on square, saw and triangle for both oscillators like I did on the
Code 8
plus the sub-oscillator set it 27.8 to make that fat sawtooth sound. Both
set to around 3.2. to 3.8 on the mixer.
Yes very low in volume, but this way the 12db filter does not saturate too
much with the resonance up.

I have red noise routed to oscillator 1's linear FM, at 0.5.
And oscillator 2 has voice key number routed to its frequency,
by 0.02 and with an offset of -0.1 to get that loosing tracking all
discrete analog synths have. For a creamier sound

I then have a triangle LFO routed to the sample and hold, with sampled hold
on,
and then routed this to the voice pan to get mimic the
Code8's individual voice pan function for nice stereo spreading, if a bit
more random in nature

Still something was missing. That thick Code 8 juicy tone.
Cranking the filter feedback on to 33 did the trick I think!
Only thing is this causes the12db Band pass filter to self oscillate
when I switch to it later in the clip, but turning it off fixes that :)

http://soundcloud.com/coolcolj/alesis-andromeda-omega-code8