[A6] Saving/copying out a sequence from a patch?

Tom Remi Flygel tom-rf at online.no
Sat Sep 24 06:30:34 PDT 2005

Hi,

I just had a thought I'd like to get out in the open.
I'm quite sure it isn't possible on the A6, but if you could save all the settings of the sequencer (the sequence itself plus all the other pages of settings) it would save SOOOO much work when you wanna apply that perfect sequence you spent 2 hours making,  tweaking gate times to perfection, different velocity settings on each step...and then you can't transfer it to another sound that you just made. As is the advantage of having a hardware sequencer, you can try it out on ANY sound you want after you've worked on a good sequence.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just send all the sequencer data out to MIDI, and reimport them to a brand new patch you just made up? Is it already possible? Or simply just copy the sequencer settings from one patch to another?

I'm asking because I noticed several sounds from the wohmart.de archive uses the exact same sequence (and it's not the default one). So one would think you could copy a sequence from one sound to another, instead of noting down EVERY single value and replicate it on the next patch you wanna try it out on...right?
I recently studied the menus and manual and found you could enter notes in the Sequencer with the keyboard, setting the USEKBD to On in the Config menu. That was a HUGE hurdle for me, to enter tones with the hopelessly twitchy softknobs.

-Tom-