[A6] power.

F.A.S Truhan III vampeiyre at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 3 21:45:01 PST 2005

> I think today's electronic equipment is designed
> so this isn't an issue as much. I've had one spike
> wipe half the A6 memory card but I'm thinking this
> was a bit more unusual of a circumstance. (Just
> remember to back things up!)

	Well yes of course, not really fair to compare a components performance
under and exceptional and unforeseen circumstance to how it behaves under
optimal conditions.

> Some older synths
> really had rotten power supplies, much worse than
> the A6 could possibly ever be. So I imagine the
> "rumor" was started particularly for paranoid
> owners of these machines.

	I was aware some machines did this. The two I could name immediately would
be the ARP Pianos with the power switch that self destructed, and I think
one of the ARP Omnis had some power supply design fault that every on/off
switch would spike and eventually cause it to fail dramatically quicker
than it should have. But, it just seems if people notice a few particular
machines failing that way, you'd think it was just design faults of those
particular devices, and not all related devices. Surely they noticed other
people with different machines that did not fail under the same
circumstances? Is it really as simple as ill-informed paranoia? I guess no
one ever knows just how certain goofy urban legends are born and stay alive.

                                                                        "I
thought I heard you whisper, it happens all the time..." - Slowdive