[A6] Mini vs A6 part 2 (and CS80)

Tom Remi Flygel tom-rf at online.no
Thu Dec 8 23:54:23 PST 2005

Yup..spent quite some time tinkering on it.
I am a fan of all of Vangelis' work, not just the early stuff. His style has changed many times during the 80's specially, as he got new and fancier synths.
But sure, the late 70's stuff is his most beautiful period, specially Opera Sauvage with its amazing CS-brass sounds everywhere.
Nowadays he mostly does orchestral arrangements, not to forget the Mythodea opera.
Last night I had an incredibly lifelike dream about getting a Prophet-5 nearly for free at an auction.
It felt so real that I woke up several times looking around the room to reassure that I had really got it. Then it dawned on me that it was a dream, I thought "Shit!" and it reappeared the moment I shut my eyes. Eventually I was just pissed off because I couldn't sleep well when I kept waking up all the time.
I think I said loudly several times "It isn't real, get some real sleep!" to myself.

So I guess the P-5 is my dream synth then :)