[A6] hanging error - intermediate results

m b mjm at musician.org
Mon May 24 05:12:06 PDT 2004

Hi there,

That what I wrote to Alesis, so I contains all information I could get up to now. Thanks to all of you for the answers (especially Andrew, for the repeated pedal pressing hint).
So, I am still hoping for more ( information, reproducability -> error debugging -> update ;-)   )

Best regards

m.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your answer, and for trying to reproduce the behavior I discovered. My next steps were: downloading the A6-OS from the A6 with power-on+softbutton6  by means of SysExLibrarian  and doing a binary compare by the unix(MacOSX) command cmp:
> cmp -l A6V14012_download.syx A6V14012_orig_from_ A6.syx
the result was:
> 755337 177   0
> 755338 177   0
> 755566 177   0
> 755567  77   0
so actually the downloaded and the original from my A6 didn«t differ except some fill (?) bytes at the very end of the whole file.
But just for a test I uploaded the web-downloaded version to the A6.
At first, I could not reproduce the behavior again, but I had reports from three other users who know the behavior or similar behavior.

<<<<<<.... here i did put the comments, especially that from Andrew ...>>>>>>

Then, playing a live-like rehearsal yesterday, the hanging occurred again, but the tip from Andrew(look above) at least worked. Without the bug, it would be much better. I will keep on investigating the problem and will stay in contact with the people from the a6 at code404.com mailing list and with the www.synthesizerforum.de (german site, but the discussion is in the english part (Hardware Synthesizers), so you can have a look). So, if I got any news I will inform you, please also inform me, if you«ve got something new.

Best regards

m.
Am 21.05.2004 um 21:14 schrieb Daniel Gill:

Hello,

After playing an Andromeda as you described for approximately 1 hour, I am
unable to reproduce the issue.  It is possible that your OS has some sort
of glitch, so the first thing I would try would be to reload the newest OS
from our website and see if that fixes the issue.  I own an Andromeda
myself, so I will try to replicate the issue over the weekend and see what
I come up with.  Please let me know how you make out!

Thank you,

Daniel Gill
Alesis/Numark Technical Support
and Return Authorizations