[A6] A6 tuning

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 1 15:43:49 PST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 02:25:15PM -0800, The Dope Robot wrote:
> while we're on the subject, many people have recommended turning on TMPTUN and
> turning BKTUNE off, they said it gives a more 'analog' feel. what does that
> mean exactly?

  I don't know whether you'll get a definitive answer on this.  Try the
various combinations and pick the one that sounds best to you.

> i'm going to sneak one more question in here...every time i turn on the synth,
> i can't play a patch straightaway. i have to switch patches (or reselect the
> same patch) and then i get sound. i may hear sound even, but it doesn't sound
> like it's supposed to until i switch or reselect patches. when i turn it on,
> the edit symbol is on, when i reselect, the edit symbol goes off and the patch
> goes back to normal. anyone else experience this?

  I've never seen this.

David Evans                                         dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual