[A6] A6 vs Minimoog soundbites

Colin Chung coolcolj at optushome.com.au
Mon Jun 21 16:04:44 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <MelloT at aol.com>
To: <a6 at code404.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: [A6] A6 vs Minimoog soundbites

> Umm... between #0001 and #13259!
>
> They ALL sound different. Oldest ones sound very clear and bright, more
like
> a modular. But less Minimoog-ey to me. They do hard attacks very well, the
> best I've heard. But they do not get the soft pillowy sound of later
Minimoogs as
> well, the ones in the #6000 area do this stuff like the smooth bass
better.
> And I have to say, the last ones (over 10,000) have very different
oscillators
> and I'm not fond of them, but they do tend to blend in with mixes nicely,
> rather than "stand out" as older Minis do...

I find on my Mini, the different levels on the VCO mixer changes the tone a
lot
at very low levels its  clean, sweet and bright. Wet like a Roland :)
At higher levels you get that slightly overdriven, mushy sound
of a typical Mini type sound.

maybe that's one reason, for the different tonalities :)

The same thing kinda applies to the A6 as well... just not as drasticly.. ;)
Keep the VCA  (ENV3 level) 65 and under for sweetness