[A6] Pitch before note triggering

Colin Chung coolcolj at optushome.com.au
Tue Jun 15 16:11:40 PDT 2004

One thing that always bugged me about the A6 is the fact that when you hit a note
the VCO pitch slides up from somewhere to the note you press.
And you can hear this at the start of each note - which gives
the effect of a soggy attack, even though the A6 envelopes are
fairly fast

The ultra fast pitch setting in the Engine optmiser does reduce this.
But I still feel there needs to be more done.
No other synth does this, so why does the A6 do it?
If you recall I posted a comparison before between it and
my Mks80 which exposed this odd flaw.

Kinda puzzles me - but why isn't the pitch to the VCOs triggered first before the
the envelopes open up? Which is the way I assume is how it's done
on all other analog synths.I know on the Minimoog I have, that is how
it works, the CV is applied to the pitch of the VCOs a fraction before
the VCA and envelopes trigger.

Please Alesis do something about this :)