[A6] re: converting NRPN to CC's with MIDI-OX

Chris Pickett chris.pickett at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jan 21 22:56:28 PST 2004

Hi Kieran,

Before we start messing around with MIDI-OX ... what exactly do you want
to do?

If you just want to record the A6 into your sequencer and play it back,
there is no need to convert NRPN's.  NRPN's are actually 2 x CC's, and
they should record and play back fine if you have things set up
properly.  You only need to convert to CC if you want to use the knobs
on your A6 to control other MIDI instruments that take CC's but not NRPN's.

Make sense?

In any case, it would help if you could first get to a state where you
ARE able to record and play back the A6 using your sequencer.  I'm not
so sure I can help with that -- you might need to check cabling,
manuals, etc. etc.  One thing for sure, you need to set TWO distinct
settings in the global preferences of the A6 to send MIDI -- one is for
the keyboard, the other is for the panel.  Make sure you have done this
(you want them set to either LOCMID or MIDI but not LOCAL).

(somebody else feel free to correct me if I've made some gross error in
logic)

Cheers,
Chris