[A6] Arp vs. Seq

Qwave qwave at mac.com
Tue Feb 3 13:53:20 PST 2004

Hi Simon,

> Would anyone care to explain the differences between the arpeggiator
> and the sequencer - do they not do similar tasks, and why would you
> choose one over the other?

ARP:
An arpeggiator only play the note names you press in different patterns
and may octave them.

SEQ:
With the A6 sequencer you could program a short phrase and trigger it
by pressing a single key. And depending on the key you play, you get
the phrase transposed. And you can use the sequencer to play kind of
polyphonic by playing to keys at the same (or different) time. But this
won't give you real polyphonic phrases. The A6 sequncer is one of the
rarly found features of other synths. While arpegiators some times are
more flexible on other synths then the A6.

I hope my non native bad english explenation helps a bit.

keep on turning these knobs

	Till "Qwave" Kopper

Waldorf-User FAQ - http://faq.waldorfian.info
Waldorf WAVE - http://unofficial.waldorf-wave.de