[A6] re :replace my A6

Chris Pickett chris.pickett at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 15 12:42:25 PST 2004

cgould11 at tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> I thought that I could probably tell the difference
> between .75Hz of notes. But that was speculation. I
> just did a test using the PC speaker and a quick
> VB API code. At 440Hz, it took about 1.75Hz (7
> cents) before I noticed *marginal* differences in
> tuning. So a tad more than I thought. I can write
> a quick VB app to show this concept if you want. :P

What do you notice if you take a monophonic sine wave on one oscillator,
and put it into unison mode with 2 voices, and hold down keys, testing
two voices at a time?  I find there's between 5 and 20 seconds in the
cycle each test produces (the sound will drop out eventually) for any
pair of voices.  I don't remember enough (although I could figure it
out) to calculte the difference in frequency, but I think that's
probably good enough, without a meter.

Cheers,
Chris