[A6] Offsets and Levels?

Kyle Jarger kjarger at omnisonics.com
Thu Apr 1 13:34:40 PST 2004

Hi All,

I'm an A6 newbie, but experienced in analog synthesis, and I was wondering if someone familiar with the A6 could please explain the difference between the OFFSET and LEVEL settings in many menus, and how to best use them when devising a new program.  The manual didn't get detailed enough for me to understand it, and only mentions their use once:

"OFFSET:  This parameter sets the offset for the selected modulation level."

"LEVEL:  this parameter sets the amount of modulation that will affect the selected VCO's frequency..."

And in every other case just refers back to these original definitions.  These seem to do the same thing according to these descriptions.  There must be some intent for having both of these parameters.

Thanks in advance for any assistance (for what may be a really dumb question!)!

Kyle Jarger