[A6] Soundbanks etc.

Leary, John leary at msfi.com
Mon Sep 29 13:48:30 PDT 2003

Boele writes:
> Yes, I already mailed with him. I'll go through it. It's just
> too bad I couldn't start this thing with his file in the first
> place. That could have saved a lot of time.

Which computer platform (and OS version) are you collecting these files on?
I might be able to write some utilities to help with sorting/weeding.  I
already have a very quick "double weeder" written in VB for Windows, and I
could probably make a programming exercise out of porting it to Mac.  Since
you're using SoundDiver I imagine you must be using one of those two
platforms...

I might even be able to customize the double weeder to identify certain byte
positions within the files as "less important" when comparing.  This would
allow you to determine that a pair of patch files differs only in, say,
output level; I imagine that would save you considerable time.  Of course I
would need to know which bytes were less important!

Let me know.

Best regards,
John Leary