[A6] Switching knobs

David Evans dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 1 17:40:25 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 08:38:20PM -0400, Chris Pickett wrote:
> or just go to a music store in a big city and when nobody's looking . . .

  I took advantage of this approach via an indirect route.  When I got
my Prophecy I hated the knobs and read that those from a Z1 fit just
fine.  I always dealt with the same salesman at my local store so he
knew me well and offered to phone Korg and ask for a bunch of
replacement Z1 knobs, "because, you know, people steal them."  A week
later and I had a small plastic bag with six brand new knobs in it,

  If you have a good relationship with a local shop it's worth asking
if they can set you up.  Even if you have to pay a little you may
be able to get them for a good price as spare parts.

David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans at bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer/Synth Junkie     http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer
Ontario, Canada           overridden by your command." - Roland TR-707 Manual