[A6] hello!

Proto protokol13 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 05:25:49 PDT 2003

> >> i cannot create a nice smooth bass line sound.  All my basses are kind
of
> rough sounding....so i close the filters down to .0218 but that makes the
bass
> sound to soft and
> distant.  how can i make a smooth bassline without making it sound soft?<<

It is difficult to deduct exactly what you want here as mentioned before,
but I supposed that you want a bass that is less aggressive but not dull.
You can try using both filters to achieve similar results, but note that
24db filter cuts a great deal and can make the most aggressive oscillator
tame.  Try turning down the post mix of filter 2 (24db) and turn up filter 1
(12db), see if filter 1 can give you that edge you want when you bring the
cutoff far in the low frequency range.

Bear in mind that I have no idea what you are doing as far as Filter
Envelope.  You might need to tailor Envelope 2 to give that 'punch' that
eventually drops into a smooth sound, because it's initial shape is pretty
horrible in attaining good basses.  Just don't fall into the trap that I've
seen some people in forums say "Use engine optimization"...  This is just
false, the A6 can make great basses without needing ANY engine optimization.

-proto-