[A6] What I do with my A6

Richard richard at chorlton.com
Wed Mar 12 19:36:11 PST 2003

mostly I sit staring at it wondering why I always buy synths that are too
complicated for my small brain

my other synth is a nord modular and I got the A6 to do everything the Nord
can't do

an Mpc2000xl sits in the middle  - at least I understand that!

against the grain maybe, all this hardware has collected in the last year,
before that it was all softsynths and samplers, but I really don't want to
have to strike up a laptop anymore to do any music - anyway the interfaces
are laughable, fans are loud and something is always going wrong - the MPC
and a wx5 windcontroller have really changed my life...the Native
Instruments stuff sounds great, really great - put it in a box with knobs on
and I might buy it!

I'm not at all against laptop musos, anyone here interested in Andreas
Tilliander and Jan Jelnick type stuff? very interesting....

I was acoustic for 15 years (soprano sax) then wholly computerised  and now
I'm a born again hardware freak (before the a6 and the nord the last synth I
bought was a korg ms20, a long, long time ago)

Richard