[A6] RE: Neuron (ot)

Justin Maxwell soc at code404.com
Wed Mar 12 12:30:17 PST 2003

Do any of you who spend so much time and effort critiquing the differences
between synthesis techniques, vsts versus vas versus real, etc., actually
write any music?  any good music?  One of the reasons I ditched the analog
"communities" online was because it was just a bunch of people sitting
around bitching about what they could or could not do with synths rather
than actully doing anything with them.  Most people spent more time
posting studio pics than they did posting tracks.

So, supporting Frank's point/inquiry here, if someone wants a spacey sound
that morphs into a tuba, what does it matter if it's done on a used
wavestation and a copy of reaktor or a $5000 neuron if the end product is
the same?  Moreover, what does it matter if the only people who care are a
bunch of other people on a mailing list?  As far as I can tell, they're
the only ones who care about the Neuron.  Even the Kyma Capybara has a
wider range of function than that product.  I just get the feeling that
this synth, unlike the Andromeda, is more of a trophy or flagrant display
of purchase price than an important addition to one's musical arsenal.

--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + http://www.volsoc.com + + + + >
compuphonic_machines_program_my_beats___________________>