[A6] A6 technical questions

Tony J protokol13 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 08:30:21 PDT 2003

Hi,

I noted that several people in here did some work on the A6, and had a
couple of questions regarding it.  Many of my older synths are pretty easy
to take apart by just pulling the knobs off the potentiometer IC and then
pulling the entire assembly away from the panel.  With the A6, I'm a little
weary of just pulling the knobs out, it seems almost like they are glued on.
  The same seems to be true about my Waldorf XTk.  Does anybody have any
info on this?  I've repaired a lot of electronics (VCRs, TVs, etc), but
nothing is quite as expensive as my keyboards...  Info specific to the A6 or
even XTk (although it's a little off topic) is welcome.  (you can also email
me links or info directly)

My other question is how does the A6 store it's patches.  Does the A6 have
battery backup?  Or is it some sort of NVRAM? (same with the XT or XTk,
nvram or bettery backup) ... I haven't looked inside yet obviously :)

I've heard about a bad soldering job being done on certain parts of the A6.
Where are the problem these problem spots?

Thanks in advance :0)

-proto-