[A6] modern analogs/what gear do you use to complement your A6/fill out your studio?

Doug Pearson jasret at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 16 14:42:15 PST 2003

At 03:59 PM 2/13/03 -0500, "F.A.S. Truhan III" <vampeiyre at earthlink.net> wrote:
>     What does everyone else use to complement the A6, or to fill out your
>studio? Maybe not everything you own, as for some of you I know it's quite
>a list. Rather, what is the set-up you power up that you use as your
>backbone for writing/recording, the things you use for most everything?

As others have mentioned, perhaps the greatest thing about the Andromeda is
that it can adequately replace many synths.  But I've never been that much
of a keyboard player (10 years of classical piano lessons and I still don't
have any chops), and the A6 is only the second analog poly I've owned
(first being a Prophet 600 purchased new when I was 16).  So not
surprisingly, the only synth I feel a need for to complement the A6 is a
modular one, and even so, I can get nearly all of the sounds I would use a
modular synth for in a performance where the modular isn't the only
instrument I'm using.  But I've found Andromeda + Wiard to be an unbeatable
combination (even if the blues don't match 100%).  (Other instruments I
commonly use in the studio - Clavinet [no synth has adequately replicated
it any more than replicating an electric guitar], Blacet modular, violin,
Rickenbacker 12-string & basses.)

         -Doug
          jasret at mindspring.com